Thursday, May 25, 2023

Review: The Julian Chapter

The Julian Chapter The Julian Chapter by R.J. Palacio
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was an incredible read. After reading Wonder, I wanted to know how The Julian chapter would be like. I have to say I loved it. I would recommend reading The Julian Chapter after Wonder. In this book, we see two sides of Julian. The before side, which is the bully. The after side, which is the vulnerable and more open side of Julian. I thought the journey that he had in this book was necessary and beautiful. I love Grandmere and her story. Learning of how Julian got his name was also very sweet. I love the part when she had like her own precept: Sometime we hate the thing we are afraid of. I think the lesson of this precept is to overcome the things you’re afraid of, so that you do not hate. I love that Julian sees how wrong her was and seemed forgiveness. Also, I love that Auggie forgave him. This shows that people can change for the better. Overall, an amazing read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment