Friday, June 30, 2023

Review: Tales from the Café

Tales from the Café Tales from the Café by Toshikazu Kawaguchi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

This was an enjoyable read. This was the second book of the Before the Coffee Gets Cold series. In this book, we find four new short stories which include a man wanting to visit an old friend who died in a car crash 22 years ago, a detective wanting to give his wife the birthday gift he was never able to give, a son wanting to see his departed mother one last time, and a dying man wanting to see the girl he could never marry. I thought the book was beautifully written. It shows us stories about redemption, self-reflection, guilt or closure. I am grateful about the lessons that I learned from this book. I am glad to have restarted this book. I can't wait to book 3. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment