Friday, July 28, 2023

Review: The Awakening

The Awakening The Awakening by L.J. Smith
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

This was an alright read. This is the first book of the Vampire Diaries series. In this book, Elena is a popular high school student at Robert E. Lee High School. She meets new student, Stefan, and is immediately drawn to him. Throughout the book, she spends most of her time pursuing Stefan or trying to find out about his past. The story was not as intriguing as I thought it would be. Elena is a self-centered popular high school student, who thinks only about herself. I do not particularly like her in this book because of some of the stupid decisions that she makes, and how she treats people around her (ex. Matt). Stefan and Elena's story is good, but I found the fact that they fell instantly in love with each other a bit annoying. I mean yes, he did save her from something bad. However, after one kiss, it is love. I do not think that is practical. Also, learning about Stefan and Damon's past was interesting. I wished there was more about their past in the book. I will read book 2, The Struggle to see more Damon, Stefan, and Elena. Also, I thought the ending was kind of abrupt, but I am looking forward to see what book 2 brings. I am not going to lie if I had to choose between the book and the TV show, I would choose the TV show. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment