Friday, July 28, 2023

Review: Block Delete

Block Delete Block Delete by Olivia Hillier
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I received an advance review copy for free from Booksprout and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Olivia Hillier for the opportunity to read your book. This was an incredible read. This is the first book of the Social Games Trilogy. I have to say that from the blurb alone, I knew this would be an exciting and incredible story. This YA sci-fi dystopian novel explores the influence of social media. The government is called the Network, which is an algorithm and a person's social media determines their freedom. I loved the writing and the plot. The concept of the follow counts and how they impact their lives. I loved Alexa. I thought she was a brilliant character. To me, her character seems to be breaking away from the influence of social media and trying to find a way to live without it always in our lives. She was relatable. I thought the side characters also added to the story. However, Alexa's journey is by far my favourite. I cannot wait to see how her journey continues in Book Two, Cancelled. The ending was amazing. I can't wait to read Book Two, Cancelled. Also, I want to read more books by Olivia Hillier. Overall, an amazing read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment