Tuesday, August 8, 2023

Review: To Travel the Stars: A Retelling of Pride and Prejudice

To Travel the Stars: A Retelling of Pride and Prejudice To Travel the Stars: A Retelling of Pride and Prejudice by Amy Sundberg
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazing Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Booksprout and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you Amy Sundberg for the opportunity to read your book. This was an incredible read. This was a Retelling of the classic story, Pride and Prejudice. In this book, Lisette Bennett, the second child of the Bennet family, desires to be an FTL pilot and lives on Meryton V, a rundown space station in the armpit of the universe. I loved the world revolves around interfacing partners, where you have to link with someone in a VR scenario and work together to figure out the problem, if anyone has a score of 95% or more, they are compatible with each other and will be able to enter a contract for being interfacing partners. This was really entertaining, and I took my time with it to engage more with the story. It was worth the time spent because the story was well-written and filled with surprises. It was a fantastic retelling of a classic Jane Austen book. The characters were terrific. I loved Lisette and Will. I love the whole enemy-to-lover story because their connection and chemistry make the story more palpable. I also really loved Jayne and Florian. They are sweet siblings to have and I thought Florian was funny. Margot was really into biology and the disgusting stuff. I thought Will was a complex character because he has a rough exterior, but once you get to know him, he is a different person. We see the more sensible and genuine Will Darcy, who also dreams of being an FTL pilot. The ending was beautiful. I am glad that Will and Lisette are getting to live their dreams together. I cannot wait to read more books by Amy Sundberg. Overall, an amazing read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment