Friday, August 4, 2023

Review: Flunked

Flunked Flunked by Jen Calonita
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

This was an enjoyable read. This is the first book of the Fairy Tale Reform School series. In this book, Cinderella's evil stepmother wants to be good. She decides to go to the Fairy Tale Reform School to help young adults/youth be good rather than villains. Gilly is a young girl who is a thief trying to help put food on the table for her family after her father's cobbler shop is going under because of a ban on the production of glass slippers and becomes one of the Fairy Tale Reform School students. During her time at Fairy Tale Reform School, Gilly makes some friends. I think this story was great. I thought the characters were great and relatable. I really liked Gilly. She was an interesting character. I really liked how she was characterized as a person who gave everything to her family. When I read this book, I thought of the movie series, Descendants, which is about mischievous villains' kids getting a second chance to be good. I thought the ending was good. I am glad that I found this series. I cannot wait to see what book 2 has in store for me. Charmed (Book 2), here I come. Overall, a great read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment