Monday, September 4, 2023

Review: 3 Days to Live

3 Days to Live 3 Days to Live by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.75

This was an enjoyable read. In this book, there are three short stories being told. The first story was 3 Days to Live by James Patters and Duane Swiercynski. In this story, a CIA agent bride is on her European honeymoon when she and her husband are poisoned - leaving her seventy-two hours to take revenge. The second story was Women and Children First by James Patterson and Bill Schweigart. In this story, when a deal goes bad on a tech executive in Washington, DC, he turns an order to kill his family into a chance to relive his military glory days. The third and final story was The Housekeepers by James Patterson and Julie Margaret Hogben. In this story, a LA doctor is murdered in a botched attempt to steal drugs, her two trusted housekeepers vie to control their former employer's estate - facing off against the Russian mob.

In my opinion, I believe that 3 Days to Live was the best short in this book. It contained the most entertaining plot and characters. Also, the narration of the story was engaging and great. I give 3 Days to Live a 4/5. The second story did have an exciting plot, but I thought the narration was not that great. Also, I thought there were moments when the story was boring. I give Women and Children First a 3.75/5. The final story was the weakest. I thought it was not as interesting as the first two plot-wise. Also, the narration was boring. I give The Housekeepers a 3.5/5. I cannot wait to read more James Patterson books and read more crime/mystery/thriller/suspense books. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment