Tuesday, September 26, 2023

Review: Lollipop Monster Shop

Lollipop Monster Shop Lollipop Monster Shop by Coyote J.M. Edwards
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Voracious Readers Only, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Coyote J.M. Edwards, for the opportunity to read your book. This was an enjoyable read. In this story, Lillian "Lils" Perth becomes the new owner of the candy shop, Sweet Fangs. Though she has not followed through on many projects such as music and homesteading, she believes this opportunity will make way for her life. I thought the story taught us important lessons about working together and finding where you belong. I thought the characters were great. Lils was sweet and impulsive. However, I really liked Kheskat. She is the granddaughter of the original owner and was supposed to take over the shop before Lils bought it. I found her character to be resilient, helpful, and straightforward. She is not afraid to say things even though it is just in the heat of the moment. However, it is how she helped Lils to make the chocolate and candy that made me like her more because, despite her initial bitterness towards Lils, she still wanted to make the shop a success and helped Lils. The ending was sweet. I am glad that the store is getting more credit. I enjoyed the story, but just wished it was longer and could explore the characters more. I wish this book could become a series. I cannot wait to read more books by Coyote J.M. Edwards. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment