Sunday, October 1, 2023

Review: My Life Off-Key

My Life Off-Key My Life Off-Key by Gail Anderson-Dargatz
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Edelweiss, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Actual Rating: 3.5

Thank you, Gail Anderson-Dargatz, for the opportunity to read your book. This was an enjoyable read. In this book, we meet our main character, Jen, a seventeen-year-old girl who learns that her dad, Steve is not her real father at her school’s talent show when a stranger name Mike claims to be her father. We see how this discover changes her family forever. I thought this story was intriguing. I felt bad for Jen because she always felt like the odd one in her family, and to find out the truth in the manner that she did broke my heart. I wish that her mother was honest with her husband, Steve about the fact that Jen was not his. I think this story is about family and self-discovery. I really enjoyed Jen’s character. If the story was longer, I would loved to see how her journey in the book grew in the last chapter more. I think it would have shown more development and how much she grew to love herself. Also, I would have liked to see more progression in knowing both of her fathers: Biological and the one who raised her and loved her all this time in more chapters so that the book is longer. I enjoyed the book, I just wish it was longer. I cannot wait to read more books by Gail Anderson-Dargatz. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment