Monday, October 16, 2023

Review: Scarecrow: Tales from Oz

Scarecrow: Tales from Oz Scarecrow: Tales from Oz by S. Cinders
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

This was an alright read. This is the first book of the Dark Fairy Tales series. This book retells the story of Oz. In this book, the four daughters of the King of Oz are given land to prove to him who is ready to be the next heir to the Kingdom of Oz. In the meantime, Dorothy is wreaking havoc in the land of Oz, and it is up to the four sisters aka "Witch Queens" to defeat her and discover where their destinies lie. I thought the story was okay. I did find some of the story fast-paced, but I thought it did not need to be as heavy in the steamy scenes. I thought having Dorothy as the villain was interesting, and I liked the twists in the story. I thought the world could have been developed more. I thought the characters were good. I really liked the twins: Indy and Elphaba. They were both interesting because their personalities differed, but their bond was pure and genuine. Also, I thought Glinda and Mombi were good additions to the story. I liked that each sister got a guy, and that their personalities also differed for the heroines of the story. I thought the ending was good. I might continue to read the series because it will be interesting to see how the other fairy tales are reimagined. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment