Saturday, February 3, 2024

Review: Manga Classics: Anne of Green Gables

Manga Classics: Anne of Green Gables Manga Classics: Anne of Green Gables by Crystal S. Chan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Netgalley, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Crystal S. Chan, and the original author, L.M. Mongomery for the opportunity to read your book. This was an enjoyable read. This is a part of the Manga Classics series. In this book, we get a manga adaption of the classic tale of Anne of Green Gables. As I read this book, I thought that it did a great job of recreating the same moments that the original book created. I thought that the illustrations were beautiful. I give a lot of credit to the artist, Kuma Chang. The artwork illustrated the story wonderfully. I enjoyed the manga and the way it was written. I did find Anne a bit annoying with her constant chatter, but I liked her because despite she has struggles, she remains optimistic. I believe this is my first Manga Classic, and it did not disappoint. I am glad that I got to read this book in a different format because it made me appreciate the original story so much more. I hope that I get to read more Manga Classic stories. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment