Monday, April 1, 2024

Review: Murder in an Irish Cottage

Murder in an Irish Cottage Murder in an Irish Cottage by Carlene O'Connor
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

This was an enjoyable read. This is the fifth book of An Irish Village Mystery series. This cozy mystery series takes place in the village of Kilbane, County Cork, Ireland. I think this series is getting better and better in my opinion. In this book, Siobhan has just started her much-deserved 10-day vacation with her secret fiance, Macdara. During their vacation, Macdara received a distressed call from his blind cousin, Jane to come to their small cottage in Ballysiogdun to help sort matters out. When they came to the cottage, they found his cousin unsettled with the front window smashed and a corpse in the cottage. Now, they have to get to the bottom of this mystery, especially when it does involve family. I thought the story was great. I enjoyed the mystery. I thought the story was fast-paced and engaging. I enjoyed the O'Sullivan family. My favourite is Siobhan O'Sullivan because she is feisty and relatable. I loved the family dynamic and how they were there for each other. I cannot wait to read book six. Murder at an Irish Christmas, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment