Monday, April 22, 2024

Review: Murder is Binding

Murder is Binding Murder is Binding by Lorna Barrett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.5

This was an enjoyable read. This is the first book of the Booktown Mystery series. In this book, we find ourselves in the small town of Stoneham, New Hampshire, and are introduced to our main female character, Tricia "Trish" Miles. Tricia owns a mystery bookshop named "Haven't You Got A Clue?" When the store owner of The Cookery is found dead in her store, she becomes the sheriff's prime suspect. Now it is up to Tricia to get to the bottom of who killed the store owner, or she will have to pay the price. I thought that this story was delightful and mysterious. I thought Tricia was a great character. I thought she was witty, kind, and just delightful. She had been through a lot with her divorce, and her move to this small town, but I thought she was an engaging and interesting character. Her sister, Angelica, was a bit naive in the beginning. I did like the sisterly love between her and Tricia. It made me like her more and more as the story went on because I started to see that she cared for Tricia and wanted to help her. I thought this was a great introduction to the series and the character. I am excited to see what will happen in the rest of this series. Also, I cannot wait to read Book 2. Bookmarked for Death, here I come.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment