Sunday, January 16, 2022

Part of Your World (Twisted Tales #5) by Liz Braswell

Blurb from Goodreads:

What if Ariel had never defeated Ursula?

Five years after the (twisted) events of the film, Ariel is now the queen of Atlantica, and Ursula is running Eric's kingdom on land. But when the sea witch threatens Atlantica once more, Ariel finds herself returning to a world (and a prince) she thought she'd left behind forever.

 

Part of Your WorldPart of Your World by Liz Braswell
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was an alright read. This retelling of The Little Mermaid was good, but I think the original story was much better. In this retelling, the story takes place after the events of The Little Mermaid, but Ariel didn’t defeat Ursula. To me, that sounded interesting, and I thought let’s give it a go. The book was a bit boring because the pace was slow in the beginning. The characters were good. I loved getting to see these old Disney characters being brought back to life in fairy tale retellings because it means we can explore different possibilities with them. The ending quarter was the best part of the book for me. I can't wait to read the other books in the series. Five done, and seven more to go. Overall, an okay read.

No comments:

Post a Comment