Tuesday, July 18, 2023

Review: Like Father, Like Son

Like Father, Like Son Like Father, Like Son by James Patterson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This was an enjoyable read. This is the second book of the Ali Cross series, which is about Alex Cross's son. I am continuing to read this series before I read Alex Cross's series. Therefore, I know I will have many unsolved questions until I read the Alex Cross books, but I thought it was interesting that James Patterson decided to create a kid version of Alex Cross. Ali Cross is the miniature version of his father, Alex Cross. He is Alex Cross's youngest child. He is smart and witty for a middle schooler. In this book, Ali has just solved his first real case. While hanging out with his friends in Anacostia Park, they witness a crime. Alex wants Ali to not get involved in the investigation, but Ali does. This is the toughest case for Ali yet. Will he be able to solve it? I thought the story was great. I liked how the mysteries always seem to involve one of Ali's friends. Although the intended audience is middle schoolers, I think this is a story that is great for readers of any age group. It has mystery, crime, suspense, and it is fast-paced. It is a great addition to the Ali Cross series, and I think it was a great to see Alex Cross have a few chapters as well in this book. The ending was great. I cannot wait to read Ali Cross book 3. Ali Cross: The Secret Detective, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment