Friday, July 28, 2023

Review: Mockingjay

Mockingjay Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazing Read

2023 Review

This was an incredible read. This is the final book of the Hunger Games series. I loved every moment of it. This dystopian sci-fi story continued to follow the rebellion from Catching Fire. In this book, Katniss has been rescued from the wreckage of the 75th Hunger Games: The Third Quarter Quell arena after firing an arrow into the forcefield around the arena, only to find out that Peeta has been taken by the Capitol and District 12 is no more. We see Katniss embrace her role as the Mockingjay, and fight for Peeta's safety and the safety of her family and friends. This book was an emotional rollercoaster. We had some lovely and tender moments, and then we had those difficult moments that no one wants to face. I love the characters. Katniss has been through a lot in this book. She faces the loss of her District, her friends, and her family, the capture of Peeta, and the pressure of the Rebellion. She tried her best in everything that she did. Peeta also went through a lot of horrific stuff. He was tortured and turned into a weapon to be used to kill Katniss. I love them together. Although they had to overcome a lot of obstacles to get to where they are, they protected and loved each other through it all. I thought the last 10 chapters were the best part of the book. I hope Suzanne Collins writes about Haymitch's story. I think that will be great to learn more about him and what lead him to being who he was in the first book. Overall, an amazing read.

2014 Review

Love this book. Can't wait for the movie!!!
So much respect to Ms. Collins!!! Hurray!! Loved it!!! Haymitch, Peeta, and Katniss are my favourite characters in the trilogy. Other characters I enjoyed was Prim, Cinna, Finnick, and Rue.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment