Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Review: Burn the Same

Burn the Same Burn the Same by Marianna Palmer
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Booksprout, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you Marianna Palmer for the opportunity to read your book. This was an enjoyable read. In this story, sixteen-year-old Laoni is Burner with an icy destiny. Her life as a Burner has made her live on the run from Breathers, people who are hunting her for her rare abilities. Burn the Same is a great urban fantasy about survival and self-discovery. This was a fast-paced book, and I thought the story was intriguing. The narrative of the present and the past was great. I thought the use of her journals from her past narrative was interesting and gave a lot of insight into her character. I enjoyed Laoni as a character as well. She is strong, smart, and witty. She is my type of heroine. Also, her interactions with Redmond was great. I think they balanced each other out. Redmond is a Burner with a fiery destiny. Although the combination of fire and ice should not go together, they make it work. I thought he was sweet, strong, and smart. I thought the ending was interesting. I cannot wait to read book 2. I cannot wait to see where the story goes. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment