Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Review: A Plus One for Murder

A Plus One for Murder A Plus One for Murder by Laura Bradford
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

This was an enjoyable read. This is the first book in the Friend for Hire Mystery series. I thought the concept of a friend for hire was interesting, and I picked up the audiobook from my library app. I thought the story was great. Emma Westlake has been her own boss, but her travel business is not successful. An older woman, Dottie Adler, suggests Emma start a friend-for-hire business. She first finds the idea crazy, but then decides to do it. When she books a client who wants her to attend an open mic night and cheer for him, she witnesses his murder. I thought it was entertaining and fun. I enjoyed every minute of it. I thought the characters were great. I liked Emma, but I thought she was naive at times. The secondary characters were interesting and made the story more engaging. I thought the ending was great. I cannot wait to see what book 2 has in store. A Perilous Pal, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment