Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Review: Sea Serpents Heir Vol. 1: The Pirate's Daughter

Sea Serpents Heir Vol. 1: The Pirate's Daughter Sea Serpents Heir Vol. 1: The Pirate's Daughter by Mairghread Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Edelweiss, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Mairghread Scott, for the opportunity to read your book. This was an alright read. This is the first volume of the Sea Serpents Heir and is about growing up and changing your fate. In this volume, we meet Aella, a teenager who finds out she is the reincarnation of an ancient sea serpent destined to destroy the world. I thought the story was confusing and really fast-paced. I thought that the characters were good as well. If the story was longer, there could have been more development in the characters. However, the illustrations were beautifully drawn. I think the illustrations were the highlight for me, because of how they conveyed the story. I am looking forward to seeing what book 2 is like. However, the events that occurred in this volume alone could have been told in different volumes as well. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment