Wednesday, August 30, 2023

Review: Sea Serpent's Heir Book Two: Black Wave

Sea Serpent's Heir Book Two: Black Wave Sea Serpent's Heir Book Two: Black Wave by Mairghread Scott
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

I received an advance reader copy for free from Edelweiss, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Mairghread Scott, for the opportunity to read your book. This was an alright read. This is the second volume of the Sea Serpent's Heir, and is about finding who you are (basically). In this volume, Aella sets sail with her mother's old crew to discover more about who she is and where she comes from. I still find the story confusing and really fast-paced. I thought that the characters were better than in the first book, but I wish the story was longer so the characters could be much more relatable and genuine. The illustrations were beautifully drawn. I think the illustrations were still the highlight for me because of how they conveyed the story well. I am looking forward to seeing what book 3 is like. However, the events that occurred in this volume alone could have been told in different volumes as well. Overall, an okay read.


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment