Saturday, September 16, 2023

Review: The Duchess: A thrilling science fantasy prequel

The Duchess: A thrilling science fantasy prequel The Duchess: A thrilling science fantasy prequel by Claudia Blood
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Hidden Gems, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Claudia Blood for the opportunity to read your book. This was an enjoyable read. This book is part of the Renegades Rising series. However, this book can be read as a standalone as well. In this book, we meet 11-year-old Cynthia aka “The Duchess,” and follow her story. She is a prodigious hacker. She is trying to find out why a company name CynGen ordered for her parents to be killed in a supposed “fire”. On the course of her journey to find the truth, she meets this mysterious man named Thomas. They become a couple and fall in love. This story was engaging and full of suspense. I wanted to continue the story and I read wanted to see how it ended. I also was surprised by the plot twist. I just wished the book was a bit longer. I thought Cynthia was a great character. She is determined, witty and smart. She is my type of heroine. The one that never backs down. I cannot wait for the four of them to be together in the last book. I am looking forward to book 5. Also, I cannot wait to read more Claudia Blood books. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment