Monday, September 18, 2023

Review: The Red Eye: A second chance romance, secret baby

The Red Eye: A second chance romance, secret baby The Red Eye: A second chance romance, secret baby by A Akinosho
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

I received an advanced review copy for free from Hidden Gems, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, A. Akinosho, for the opportunity to read your book. This was an alright read. In this book, Ciara Anne Kellington and Philip Webster meet by chance and have a one-night stand that turns into an unplanned pregnancy. I thought the story was alright. Initially, I found the plot interesting, but as it went on, I felt confused and found the story was not that relatable. I wished the story was longer to get more out of the characters and the story. Also, I did not like how the story kept going back and forth. The characters were okay. I thought Ciara was an okay character. She was a bit immature, and I just could not connect with her as a character. Also, Philip was okay as well. I thought he should have been more truthful. I think if the story was longer, there could have been more to discover and explore about the characters. I will look forward to reading more books from A. Akinosho. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment