Saturday, October 28, 2023

Review: Masquerades and Murder

Masquerades and Murder Masquerades and Murder by Rachel Lynne
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

This was an alright read. This is the first book of A Holly Day Mystery series. In this book, a retired sheriff deputy turned party designer, Holly Daye’s screw up of a brother is a prime suspect in the murder of a podcaster. Holly Daye tries to find out who the killer is and free her brother. I thought the story was good. I did find some parts of the story dragged out. I thought the characters were good. I thought Holly Daye needed to believe in her skills as a designer or decorator. She seems to doubt her abilities. I liked everything about her except for that. The other characters were intriguing but I would have loved to have read more about them. The ending was intriguing. I am excited to read more mystery adventures with Holly Daye with Book 2. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment