Saturday, October 21, 2023

Review: Mooncallers Book One: Part 1

Mooncallers Book One: Part 1 Mooncallers Book One: Part 1 by Miriam Khan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

I received an advance review copy for free from Voracious Readers Only, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you, Miriam Khan, for the opportunity to read your book. This was an alright read. This is the first novella in the Werewolf Novellas Series. In this novella, Ava Clarke leaves her career as a scientist to escape an abusive ex-boyfriend. She decides to go help out at her grandmother's hardware store in the small town of Pagosa Springs and meets Kade Kole, a feared werewolf leader. I thought the premise had potential, but the story was lacking. I wished there was more of a story in this novella, and that it could have been 100-150 pages instead of around 50 because the story seemed rushed. Also, the characters were okay. I thought Ava was a good character, although I would have liked to have seen more about what happened in her past before the events in the book. I thought she was a good heroine. Kade Kole was an okay character in my opinion. I did not really like him in the beginning, but gradually started to as the story progressed. In my opinion, if the story was longer, there could have been more room for worldbuilding, story progression, and character development. I will continue the series to see how the story goes, and I will read more Miriam Khan books. I think she has real potential. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment