Thursday, October 19, 2023

Review: The Ritual

The Ritual The Ritual by Shantel Tessier
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.5

This was an interesting read. This is the first book of Shantel Tessier's The L.O.R.D.S series. At Barrington University, there is a secret society where many young men are groomed to become Lords, where they devote their lives to violence in exchange for power. During their senior year of initiation, they receive their Chosen and have their futures planned out for them. Ryat Alexander Archer, the hero, is in his senior year and receives his Chosen, Blakely Anderson. I thought the story was better than I thought it would be. There were a lot of plot twists within the story, but I did feel like it did drag in some places. I thought the dual perspective from Ryat and Blakely was great. Ryat was jealous and protective. He wants to protect and claim what is His aka Blakely. I did think he made mistakes, but I thought he redeemed himself in some ways throughout the book as well. Blakely was a bit annoying and naive at first, but then when she fell for Ryat and wanted to make sure that he knew that she wanted him, I started to see a more mature side to her character. I did not like Matt or Valerie. I thought they got what they deserved. I thought the ending was sweet. I really liked that we got 2 epilogues. I am happy that they got their happy ending. I cannot wait to read more Shantel Tessier books. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment