Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Review: Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries

Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries Beaches, Bungalows & Burglaries by Tonya Kappes
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Okay Read

This was an alright read. This is the first book of the Campers & Criminals series. It is a cozy mystery that takes place in Normal, Kentucky. In this story, Mae West has lost all of the security that she had after her husband, Paul West was arrested for a Ponzi scheme. The only thing that was not seized by the government was a tourist camping ground called Happy Trails. When Paul escapes prison and is found dead in the Happy Trails lake. Mae is the prime suspect and now she is running out of time to prove her innocence. I thought the premise was interesting, but I was a bit disappointed with the story. I thought it was not as interesting as I listened to the narration. Also, I thought the characters were okay. I did not love them or dislike them. I thought they need more character development. I did not feel a connection with the main character. I thought the ending was good. I will continue the series. I am wondering what Book 2 has in store for me. Overall, an okay read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment