Thursday, December 28, 2023

Review: Poppy Harmon Investigates

Poppy Harmon Investigates Poppy Harmon Investigates by Lee Hollis
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.75

This was an enjoyable read. This is the first book of the Desert Flowers Mystery series. In this book, we meet Poppy Harmon, a retiree and a widow. She decides to start a career as a private eye and opens the Desert Flower Detective agency with her two best friends, Violet and Iris. However, things are not going well as people do not want to do business with "three" sixty-year-old women. Poppy asks her daughter's boyfriend, Matt to join the team, and he brings in a case that seems more problematic than intended. I thought this story was great. It was funny, and I really liked the characters. I thought Poppy, Violet, and Iris were great characters. They were funny, and their friendship is so great to read. I also thought Matt was a great character as well. He might be an actor, but his personality was great as well. I thought the ending was great. I cannot wait to read book 2 - Poppy Harmon and the Hung Jury. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment