Sunday, January 14, 2024

Review: Death of a Cad

Death of a Cad Death of a Cad by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.5

This was an enjoyable read. This is the second book of the Hamish Macbeth series. In this book, Hamish Macbeth finds out Priscilla is engaged to a playwright. At her engagement party, Captain Bartlett is found murdered after being shot while on a grouse hunt. I thought the story was fun and quick. I thought the idea of having a cozy mystery with a male character was also something different for me. I thought Hamish was a great character. He is mysterious, but I am enjoying his character more in this book. I think his character makes the story fun and exciting. He is described as bumbling, and lazy. However, as I kept reading, I thought he was observant and skilled at his job. I thought this is a great addition to my first cozy mystery with a male main character. The ending was great. I am looking forward to see how the series goes. I am excited to read book 3. Death of an Outsider, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment