Sunday, January 14, 2024

Review: Death of a Gossip

Death of a Gossip Death of a Gossip by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.5

This was an enjoyable read. This is the first book of the Hamish Macbeth series. In this book, Hamish Macbeth has to find the person who strangled and drowned tabloid reporter, Jane Winters. She was a widow and she reveal too many other people’s secrets. I thought the story was fun and quick. I thought the idea of having a cozy mystery with a male character was also something different for me. I thought Hamish was a great character. He is mysterious, but I kinda of would like to know more about him. He is described as bumbling, and lazy. However, as I kept reading, I thought he was observant and skilled at his job. I thought this is a great start to my first cozy mystery with a male main character. The ending was great. I am looking forward to see how the series goes. I am excited to read book 2. Death of a Cad, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment