Monday, January 15, 2024

Review: Death of a Hussy

Death of a Hussy Death of a Hussy by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

This was an enjoyable read. This is the fifth book of the Hamish Macbeth series. In this book, our laid-back police constable, Hamish Macbeth, has to find out who killed the wealthy, but not so nice, Maggie Baird. The list of suspects includes Maggie's clingy niece, Alison Kerr, who is the main recipient of her aunt's wealth, and four former lovers of Maggie. In the case of the four ex-lovers, Maggie was baiting them with money to get a husband. Hamish follows all leads and follows his instincts to find out who murdered Maggie Baird. I thought the idea of having a cozy mystery with a male character was also something different for me. I thought Hamish was a great character. He is mysterious, but I am enjoying his character more in this book. I think his character makes the story fun and exciting. He is described as bumbling, and lazy. However, as I kept reading, I thought he was observant and skilled at his job. I thought this was a great addition to my first cozy mystery with a male main character. The ending was great. I am looking forward to seeing how the series goes. I am excited to read book 6. Death of a Snob, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment