Sunday, January 14, 2024

Review: Death of a Perfect Wife

Death of a Perfect Wife Death of a Perfect Wife by M.C. Beaton
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Great Read

Actual Rating: 3.75

This was an enjoyable read. This is the fourth book of the Hamish Macbeth series. In this book, Trixie Thomas, a newcomer to Lochdubh, is found dead by poisoning. She certainly was not very liked in Lochdubh because she was trying to persuade the local ladies to her ideas, which included embracing low-cholesterol meals, banning tobacco, and bird-watching. Now, it is up to our laid-back police constable to find out who is behind the mysterious poisoning of the perfect wife. I thought the idea of having a cozy mystery with a male character was also something different for me. I thought Hamish was a great character. He is mysterious, but I am enjoying his character more in this book. I think his character makes the story fun and exciting. He is described as bumbling, and lazy. However, as I kept reading, I thought he was observant and skilled at his job. I thought this is a great addition to my first cozy mystery with a male main character. The ending was great. I am looking forward to seeing how the series goes. I am excited to read book 5. Death of a Hussy, here I come. Overall, a great read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment