Friday, January 19, 2024

Review: treading water: poems on the depths of mental health

treading water: poems on the depths of mental health treading water: poems on the depths of mental health by Alyssa Harmon
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Amazing Read

I received an advance review copy for free from BookSirens and Voracious Readers Only, and I am leaving this review voluntarily.

Thank you Alyssa Harmon for the opportunity to read your book. This was an incredible read. In this poetry collection, mental health is explored. I thought the different poems that Alyssa Harmon used in her poetry made each poem stand out more. Through the progression of poems, we see her life experiences written on the page as she went through the journey of helping others overcome mental health in this beautiful and thought-provoking way. In the sinking and the drowning parts, we see the struggles that one goes through with mental health. In the swimming, we see that it is still a struggle, but that one is trying to push through. However, my favourite part was the rescue because it proves that one can overcome mental health and start to live again. My favourite poems in this collection were Mom, aren’t you proud?, and kintsukuroi. I think this poetry collection teaches us that the struggles and how we can overcome mental health. However, that we also need to understand the depths of mental health as well. I loved this book. I cannot wait to read more Alyssa Harmon poetry and see her wonderful words on page again. Overall, an amazing read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment